Saturday, 30 June 2012

Summer, Music and Love


“In Music the passions enjoy themselves.”
                                                          -Friedrich Nietzsche

Music is magic indeed. They say it is the food for life. It pervades the universe and like an ethereal celestial phenomenon encompasses the very dimension of our existence. And so it did come to me one day.

There was nothing extra ordinary about that day yet it was the most extra ordinary day of my Life. Oh Yes! The weather was pleasant, the wind/breeze or whatever there was of it was a caress on the skin and the fragrance of summer was definitely in the air but the only thing that weighed rather preyed on my mind was the feeling of breaking free, of running away and losing myself.

Hah! Big words!



All I wanted to do was take a walk, a leisurely stroll to my favourite secluded nature spot and sit under a tree with a book in hand. Still, there was something. It was just a feeling- a feeling that gnawed somewhere at the periphery of my awareness. So, instead of thinking deep and hard about it, I let myself be. Walking always soothed my nerves. So I walked and after a cursory glance, located my place and sat down. Leaning against the trunk I took a deep breath and started to read. The more I read the more I became lost in the story world, of which I’d by then become a part. It was a beautiful story really-about Music and love, about passion, vision and the struggle that comes along with your work. And then I heard it. 

The Sound of Music!




Notes flew high and low on fluttering wings to reach me. It was an absolute joy. I closed my eyes and in one of those rare moments gave myself in to the sheer bliss of that smooth voice and the stringed notes that accompanied it.

What is the magic that you can hear?
The magic that you can feel?
The magic that fills you up and yet you can’t see?
Deep in the being abides a song; with perhaps a tune forgotten,
But when the magic plays on; the spell is cast and rules forgotten,
When lost in rhythm you will be,
Your song will surface and You shall see,
You shall see and remember your wordless song.
As the half formed words start to come along; your song will sing to you,
It will sing and tell you your story and the purpose you were born,
In its dulcet tones it will light that first spark,
The spark that’ll last till the ‘MUSIC’ plays on.

And if you have what it takes Mortal,
The fire will consume you and You will be Your Song. 

And just as the music had risen, in the same way it slid to a gentle close- so natural a part of Nature that I didn't even open my eyes to see that I was not alone. I had not realized that my body had arched, that my nails dug into the earth and that every single cell that made me, Felt and was Aware. It just happened- My surrender to the music. Spellbound, I became aware of my mind and the lifting up of my spirit yet so primitive. It was like being reborn- like, for the first time I was aware of my body, could feel the weight of the dress and the way it clung to me. I could feel the cloth as the breeze stroked and brushed the fabric against my skin. To say that I was overwhelmed would be an understatement because it was a moment of Epiphany.



As I opened my eyes, the sun shone directly into them and for a moment I was blinded. My reflexes made me close them. But then, I opened them and this time for good. I faced the sun and faced my own self. I accepted who and what I was. And in that moment of being in absolute communion with nature, I realized that I was not alone but a part of the whole universe. In that instant I learnt that Life can either happen to you making you move in that surging crowd where you are constantly shifted by a force not your own Or you can be its very manifestation driving on determinedly into the unknown realm of this vast universe full of light, spreading good will and most importantly exploring your Self with the voice of age old wisdom guiding us to the path of self awareness and salvation.


As I walked home that day with music in my heart, I hugged myself and accepting my being with all its characteristics- good and bad, learnt to Love and respect myself. That was the day I fell in Love, fell in Love with the first person I should Love- Me. 

2 comments:

  1. hey your blog is nice.. but take a look to my blog..

    make ur blog more intresting that people also love ur blog .. take a look to ma blog

    http://www.vishalbhagat22.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  2. @@[1:[0:1: http://www.vishalbhagat22.blogspot.in/]]

    ReplyDelete